I wanted to thank everyone for the tremendous show of support for Pinta in it's first week!
A few stats:
- The announcement of Pinta was picked up by several large tech news sites.
- The Pinta web site received over 29,000 hits.
- 23 people sent me emails of encouragement. (And 1 of discouragement.)
- People contributed packages for Ubuntu, OS X, and Pardus Linux. I was also contacted by people making packages for Fedora and Windows.
- Roughly 10 people sent me email offering to translate Pinta into a variety of languages. (We're not ready for translations yet, but I have a bunch of emails to send when we are!)
- 7 people have contributed code which has already been merged into Pinta's master repository.
Overall, it was a great week! I also wanted to thank everyone that I didn't personally reply to. I was flooded with emails all week and couldn't respond to them all!
Anyways, work has begun on Pinta 0.2. Thanks to many great contributions, my roadmap for 0.2 is already over halfway complete, so I guess I'll have to expand the feature list for 0.2!